Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Day at the Zoo



Yup !

I thought this was just an ordinary 4th grade trip to the Bronx Zoo.

Well it turned out to be much more for me anyway.

One side of my family is from the Bronx New York area. These are the hard working type folks that came from other parts of the world to build a new world. Worked with their hands they did. Strong people they were..


It has been over 35 years since I visited the area. Wow it has changed or maybe I have????

I grew up with pride knowing that my Great-grandfather and Grandfather built a beautiful apt. building. They raised their families there and moved on over the years. To see it now ......... yesterday, I am over whelmed with the feeling of the past and grateful for what I have today and will continue to look forward to the future.

Yes what they gave us is the greatest gift life..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment